When I’m immersed in the music at our concerts with my 2-year-old, time pauses.
I’m amazed by the caliber of performance and it absolutely warms my heart to share this high-quality experience with my daughter.
The DPO is a special orchestra that heavily relies on volunteers — including our musicians. We offer incredible opportunities for them to grow and enhance your musical experience by connecting with international partners, offering solo and chamber music opportunities and bringing in professionals to lead small group rehearsals.
Tuesday is Colorado Gives Day and our goal is $20,000 for 2020! Please join me and my concert-loving 2-year-old in helping DPO to reach our goal and keep raising the musical bar.
Did You Know about DPO?
We have been around for more than 70 years and are incredibly proud of the community that we have grown! Here are a few extra tidbits that you may not be familiar with about our work.
- DPO’s international partnerships have offered 4 international trips with 17 performances for our musicians!
- 4-week tour in China (14 performances in 14 cities)
- 3 separate trips to Munich, playing with the Bavarian Philharmonic
- AND a Munich trip in 2020 for up to 50 musicians!
- DPO with a Twist was born 5 years ago for solo and chamber music opportunities. To date, we have had 12 Twists — and will have 3 more this season!
- We find opportunities to bring in music professionals from around the area to conduct small group rehearsals elevating the musicianship of each section of the orchestra.